With two fully operating central stations, Security Central is prepared for any event. Load balancing and high availability between the two centers ensures that in the event of disaster, signals and calls are handled in the same way, no matter which location processes them.
Leading central station communications provider OneTel provides toll-free re-route technology to ensure that voice and alarm system calls are delivered to one of our central stations for processing across multiple redundant paths. In the event of a failure at any of our telecommunications providers, calls still complete due to the unique self-healing nature of OneTel's toll-free re-route technology. A further layer of backup is provided by WindStream communications, ensuring that calls make it through, no matter what the failure scenario.
Our internet connection is provided by enterprise class service from multiple providers, ensuring that we are always online and ready to accept your next generation signals. IP and Cellular communications fail-over automatically using the high availability provisions of the BGP protocol in tandem with IP re-routing technology from Keep Your IP.
- Multiple natural gas and diesel generators with automatic start and automatic switch-over capability.
- Modular, redundant APC Symmetra UPS's provide battery backup and conditioned power to all critical infrastructure.
- Dual power feeds to all server rooms, in turn feeding dual power supplies in all servers.
- Biometric access control ensures only authorized personnel may enter property, buildings and departmental spaces.
- Digital video surveillance protects the exterior and interior of all facilities.
- Cameras cover almost 100% of facilities excluding private areas (bathrooms, individual workspaces, etc.)
- Two private enterprise class data centers.
- Private Cloud and High-Availability.
- World class redundant routers, firewalls, and switches from Cisco, SonicWall, and HP Procurve. - Multi-path optical network.
- High-Availability Cisco UCS blade servers for increased systems reliability.
- Industry leading Manitou alarm processing software from Bold Technologies.
- Triple redundant database servers for Manitou software, mirrored in real time to both locations.
- All data backed up internally to multiple storage devices, and in real time to a secure offsite location.
- Fully redundant Avaya Aura PBX's at both central station locations.
- Redundant Communications Manager servers.
- Dual power supplies in all PBX equipment.
- Automatic call distribution to operators
- Automatic call distribution to alarm receivers.
- Automatic alarm receiver fail-over.
- Advanced statistical analysis from Taske, to ensure operator staffing meets predicted requirements.
- 24x7 digital call recording by Higher Ground, allowing immediate review of recorded conversations.
- Banks of multiple DSC Surgard and Osborne Hoffman receivers to handle all traditional transmission formats.
- DNIS functionality virtually eliminates busy signals.
- Automatic call routing and instant fail-over capability to our banks of receivers.
- IP and Cellular formats from InterLogix, DMP, DSC, Connect 24, Firelite, Honeywell Alarmnet, Tellular, and Uplink.
- Manitou integrated video-verification from I-View Now, RSI Videofied, Cernium Checkvideo, Honeywell, and Dedicated Micros.
All employees at Security Central are bonded by the state of North Carolina and other states across the country. Bonding includes a complete fingerprint and criminal record search. All this information is obtained and sent to the Alarm Licensing Board where it is processed by the SBI. The licensing board then reviews the findings and must approve all applicants before anyone is allowed to begin training at our facility. Any offenses other than traffic violations prohibit employment with our company.
After potential employees have successfully passed the bonding process, they are subjected to drug screening tests. All employees are randomly tested for drugs during their employment at Security Central.
All Security Central operators are trained by our resident instructor, who is certified by the Security Industry Association (SIA) and Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials-International, Inc. (APCO) (APCO certifies 911 dispatchers). During the first four weeks of training new operators spend 160 hours at our on-site training facility. They have access to a simulated central station, set up on a separate computer system, where each new operator practices his or her skills. Our training facility provides valuable experience as the traffic flow, type of signal received, and calls are replicated from actual experiences in the central station. The fifth week of training, the operators are placed in the central station with a qualified, veteran operator for supervised hands-on experience. The final and sixth week of training the new operator is tested by the instructor to be certain all skills have been mastered. The level of service all operators are trained to offers our customers the best customer service and knowledge in an event.
Once a quarter, all central station supervisors and operators attend a mandatory refresher class. During each refresher, we review the latest technology at Security Central as well as review procedures and address any concerns.
Most importantly, you will find our security response team is prompt, friendly and courteous.