Technical Support | Statesville, NC
Looking for a company invested in growing their employees and culture? The team atmosphere which makes you feel like it’s an extension of your family? Security Central is the place for you!
Security Central is family owned and operated since 1963. The Company focuses on life safety services, including burglar, fire, medical, panic, video verification, and more. We have a commitment to our customers to Protect What You Value most through our Diamond Level service. Operating with a boutique like mindset, our team values quality touch points and interactions with each and every customer.
Come join this excellent team where you will build lasting relationships and feel you are making a difference!
Our Core Values represent who we are as a team and a company.
Check out our Careers page to learn more about our culture
- Career Growth
- Referral Bonus
- Employee Assistance Program
- Team Environment
- Celebrations for Holidays
- Jersey shirts during Sports Season
- Lunch Gatherings/ Games in Breakroom/ Quarterly Free Food Trucks
- Wellness Programs
- Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Accidental Injury and Life
- Short-Term Disability
- 401K Company Match
Our focus is dedicated to the dealer experience. Our duty is to provide reliable technical support for Security Central dealers. We accomplish this by focusing on accuracy, etiquette, timely response, dealer satisfaction and first call resolution. Security Central prides ourselves on Protecting What You Value and expect each employee to embody our mission and values.
You must be able to accurately assess the situation, provide resolution, be capable of replicating and relaying technical issues. Additionally, you must be capable of building documentation as it relates to a technical issue or product integration while providing insight and knowledge with the team(s) of Security Central.
Duties, Tasks, and Essential Functions:
- Deliver service and support to dealers using and operating automated call distribution phone software, via remote connection or over the Internet;
- Interact with dealers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services;
- Gather dealer’s information and determine the issue by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms;
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues alarm panels, communicators, signaling systems, PERS devices, etc.
- Research required information using available resources;
- Follow standard processes and procedures;
- Identify and escalate priority issues per Client specifications;
- Redirect problems to appropriate resource;
- Offer alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining dealers’ and clients’ business;
- Organize ideas and communicate oral messages appropriate to listeners and situations
- Follow up and make scheduled callbacks to dealers where necessary
- Stay current with system information and vendor certifications, changes and updates
- Participate in manufacturer beta testing and product integrations as directed by management
- Participate in on-call rotation bi-weekly or as instructed by manager
Skill and Knowledge Qualifications:
- Proper phone etiquette
- Ability to speak and write clearly and accurately
- Demonstrated proficiency in typing and grammar
- Knowledge of relevant Alarm Industry equipment and Company supported integrations and systems
- Knowledge of dealer service principles and practices
- Effective listening skills
- Willingness to co-operate with others and work to the greater good
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Microsoft Office knowledge; excel, word, outlook
- Exemplary Attendance and Punctuality
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in personal work tasks or work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Focuses and guides self and team members in accomplishing work objectives.
- Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas, through a variety of media, to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience, helping them understand and retain the message, and permitting response and feedback from the listener.
- Makes dealer needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive dealer relationships
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; and takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Deals effectively with others in antagonistic situations, using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict.
- Establishes proper courses of action to ensure that work product is completed efficiently and on time/within proper time limits.
- Maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Possesses, acquires, and maintains the technical/professional expertise required to do the job effectively and to create effective dealer solutions. Technical/professional expertise is demonstrated through problem solving, applying technical knowledge, and product and service management for the functional area in which employee operates.
- Actively appreciates and includes the diverse capabilities, insights, and ideas of others and working effectively and respectfully with individuals of diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations.
- Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Position requires use of headset/microphone
- Proficient typing skills
- Must provide quality, customer service as expected by manager
- Some college preferable, high school diploma required
- 5 plus years of work experience in a technical position
- On-call rotation availability
- Must not have conflict of interest with a prior security company affiliation
- Must be able to pass a background check and onboarding process
|On-site Fitness Facility||Employee Assistance Program|
Join our Family!
Don't have a Resume?
Complete our digital Employment application